Thursday, October 17, 2013

Mercury Conjunct Venus: The Language of Love



In case you haven't noticed, this whole blog is journaling my efforts to land a lasting, satisfying union. I'm not necessarily in a marriage and kids frame of mind, but I am in a commitment frame of mind. Let's look at some of the ways my recent transit, Mercury Conjunct Venus, will/already are affecting my love life.

So Mercury hasn't gone retrograde yet but it is awfully close. My Venus is at 17 degrees Scorpio, which means today and tomorrow Mercury will be within a degree. Mercury will go retrograde the 22nd, then conjunct Venus almost exact the 24th and 25th. Technically, from today until the 25th it will not go more than a degree from my natal Venus, and I'm OK with just saying the transit will be occurring over the next week.

My prediction: I will have a much more objective and rational view of love and pleasure during this time. I will also be able to communicate with the opposite sex a lot better, even intuitively. During my travels, I will meet a potential love interest.

My desired outcome: To stop putting my foot in my mouth so I have room for someone elses. Too raunchy/kinky?

A few days ago, I looked at a profile of a girl that seemed very hipsterish and while she was beautiful, I declined to message her, feeling we wouldn't be compatible. Today, I broke down and read through her profile and became attracted to the fact that she was an apprentice funeral director. Now, that hipsterish look is actually more like the dark Scorpio aesthethic I'm attracted to. She has pics in the cemetary and seems to embrace the "darker" side of life. She's a Gemini but I suspect she at least has Scorpio rising.

Moving away from the Scorpio aspect a bit, I did notice that I was looking at profiles much more scrutinously. This is a natural extension of my recent breakthroughs regarding romantic relationships. Neptune has been in my 5th house for some time, amplifying my already idealistic outlook on romantic potential. This is a welcome transit, as I gain some sorely needed objectivity back. I've also been able to observe my behaviors better; I have a habit of jumping at the first romantic opportunity that presents itself (Moon in Aries).

Mercury rules communication, thoughts, and travel...all matters of transit really. It is a very light, quick planet; always making connections. One way I could use this influence is to travel a bit. Not just going out but going someplace new and maybe a little further away. Perhaps a party about a 30 minute drive from my house. Mercury may be saying "Hey, I know you're looking for love but you're not looking very far! Get out there, she's waiting!"

I guess in a way, it could also be looked at like a short-term fling. Somebody that is in town for a short period of time and looking for fun and pleasure. It could also manifest as romantic imagination aka fantasy. Oppositions are more objective than conjunctions usually, so even if it is Mercury aspecting Venus, the way the energies mix in a conjunction, both planets affect one another. So the rationale and objectivity of Mercury blends with the pleasure seeking Venus to create reasons to indulge!

Interesting to note, Mercury and Venus are the only 2 planets that still rule 2 signs. Both are very social in a way, think Gemini and Libra. This could be a time of pleasing conversation. It could also be a time where a friend hooks us up with someone, or we become aware of a friend that it is romantically interested. Either way, pleasure is being contacted in a discrete, not discreet, manner.

It will actually conjunct Venus a third time when it goes direct on November 26th. Mercury retrogrades tend to be just awful, in my opinion. Usually it points to difficulties in communicating and traveling...even people that don't 'believe' in astrology knows something happens when it goes retrograde. Lots of accidents and mistakes tend to happen. I'll pay attention to this transit direct vs. retrograde and perhaps update the difference when I look at Mercury retrograde.

-Shade


No comments:

Post a Comment