Friday, October 4, 2013

A Sexy Introduction

Welcome everyone! My name is...hmm, I'll call myself Shade. This blog will be a creative outlet through the lens of astrology. I will be sharing my journey and any subsequent wisdom, which I hope will be entertaining, thought-provoking and hilarious. Oh, and sexy, don't forget sexy. I want to put the lingerie on astrology.

I am a second generation astrologer. My father was an astrologer and frequent writer for American Astrology (now Horoscope Guide). I spent part of my time with him, but grew up mostly with my mother (who is definitely opposed to any astrology or occult science). He died exactly a month before my 27th birthday, yet I feel I connect to him now more than ever.

He used to say he could just tell people's signs when he walked the streets. I don't know if that's true, nor do I know how he could even verify that. Regardless, it has always been a goal of mine to be able to tell peoples signs/energy just from conversation. That is the level of mastery I seek to obtain and surpass.

I am a Sagittarius with an Aries Moon and Libra Rising. I will reveal more of my natal chart and interpretations as I continue to update. I will also explore transits on a personal and societal level, as well as chart interpretations for love interests, friends and family. I have studied astrology for years but I am just beginning to develop the ability to interpret things on my own. It should be fun to witness my growth as an astrologer and writer, as I plan to author a few books in the future.

My favorite author is Stephen Arroyo. I also enjoy Dane Rudhyar and Liz Greene. I plan on doing some book reviews as well. A little about my writing style...I'm going to keep it raw and true to myself, which I'm sure in many instances won't be politically or grammatically correct.

I choose the name Persephone because her story exemplifies my Taurus/Scorpio nodal axis. I can also relate, having spent time between two "worlds" during the year. The name itself sounds sexy, and I am very much about sexy things. Persephone Astrology also kinda rhymes and has 8 syllables, which is my favorite number.

Thanks for visiting!

-Shade

2 comments:

  1. Interesting!! the Taurus/Scorpio axis is also important for me! I have my nodes there too but is Scorpio/Taurus=)
    And Persephone is the name of a weird band I like.... and of course, I know her history.
    I'm looking forward reading your post!

    ReplyDelete