Sunday, April 26, 2015

May Horoscope: Tarot


I decided to take a look at the upcoming month using a Celtic Cross spread. I have seen a few variations but I do mine like this:


                                 5                     10

                   4           1/2         6          9
                                                         8
                                 3                      7

1. Heart/central issue - Lust XI
2. Obstacle/challenge - Works (3 of disks)
3. Root/foundation/feeling - Death XIII
4. Past/background - Failure (7 of disks)
5. Conscious influence/goal - The Devil XV
6. Future/immediate result - Oppression (10 of wands)
7. Querent/self-image - Strife (5 of wands)
8. External influences/how others see querent - Luxury (4 of cups)
9. Hopes and fears/querent's attitude towards question - Victory (6 of wands)
10. Final outcome/likely result - Queen of disks
 *Quintessence: Lust XI

First off, Lust has been coming up in almost all the readings I've done. Coming up as both the central issue and quintessence means there is something to work through. Second, there is a good amount of Saturn/Capricorn energy (The Devil, Failure, Strife, Oppression, Works). The 2 main energies are fire and earth. Even in the center, Lust (fire/Leo) is crossed by Works (earth/Mars in Capricorn), so ideals are being challenged by reality.

My initial questions are: What does Death mean? What does Luxury mean? Who is The Queen of disks? I know May is a 2 month, keywords being: peace/harmony/diplomacy/cooperation, relationships, intuition, feminine. That 2 energy is reflected in the Queen of disks and Luxury. Saturn is Rx in Sagittarius (Oppression) making its second pass around the end of the month into June.

Works is about focus/concentrated effort and its resulting achievement. I have always struggled with discipline and focus, as my energy seems to scatter about impulsively. To achieve what I want, I'm going to need to be diligent and focus my energy on one area, which should be career. I know it's my career. My mind is just usually preoccupied with women and relationships, which may be even more so in a 2 month with 3 or 4 love interests.


Speaking of love interests, who is the Queen of disks? It is an earthy woman, traditionally feminine, domestic, sensual, instinctual, practical, and inclined to abuse alcohol/drugs (?). Clearly Capricorn energy based on the imagery, so she fits right in. The 2 court cards that I feel attracted to and represent the women I like are Queen of disks and Princess of wands. So whenever I see them, it signals a love interest more than anything. So, I want the Queen of Disks but my desire is blocked/thwarted by Oppression.

There is also conflict in Strife and I recognize that. But 2 is all about cooperation. I usually try to do things on my own and shy away from actually taking advice. Resolving this energy block within myself will open up the channels. What is the energy block? It may be that I'm trying too hard! Lust isn't about force, in fact, its about trust. The Death card may be telling me to 'let go' of past failures (7 of disks) in regards to both relationships and career.

The Devil is the shadow, the old enemy we would rather ignore than engage, which ironically is what gives him power. It advises that if I continue ignoring my career/responsibility, I may continue to be frustrated. Change is necessary, and the Queen of disks values a man who can achieve and produce tangible success. I would like to think she is looking over the desert in longing for her king to return. The desert is the challenge I must face to get back to my queen.


Luxury (4 of cups) is interesting. The 8th card is supposed to be the environment, external influences, how others see us. This card deals with stagnation and complacency. It is a warning not to think everything is great just because it appears to be. It also deals with emotional stability. Not necessarily a 'bad' card or 'good' card, but more towards the latter. Traditionally, the meaning of this position is 'that which surrounds you'. Being surrounded by a luxury of love sounds like a good thing to me! Unlike Abundance (3 of cups), which is overflowing, Luxury is more about what is already there. I need to take advantage of my network in jumpstarting my career.

Lust refers to lust for life and is ruled by Leo. What passion! There is ecstasy and magic in this card. I read that Crowley saw himself as The Great Beast (lion) and his partners as the scarlet woman (woman). There is more sexual energy present than The Lovers. Leos have always been my protectors (father, aunt and uncle). It is my sun/moon midpoint. I used to be sold that I would marry a Leo (we'll see).

No card in the deck is more sensual/sexual. As the 11th trump (of 22 arcana), it is the climax! This card is burning with desire. Integration is a key word...the beast is neither repressed/suppressed or allowed to simply roam free. The fire of creation is here, in her right hand she holds the holy grail, a chalice of creative energy. In her right hand, she holds the reins of the beast. I have been struggling with this very passionate side of myself and how to use it to propel myself towards greater success. Seeing Works cross Lust, I feel I need to focus that energy on one area, instead of letting the beast simply run loose wherever it wants. Consciously use that passion and energy toward a goal.

The Devil (I) knows my weakness. The sun will be in my 8th house (sex) for almost the whole month. I need to create something in May. I can't enter June back at square one. Maybe I need a job (Works) where I can expression my passion (Lust) for life. Lust has come up when I asked about career before. The 8th house and the number 8 also allude to reward/harvest, power, resources, career, and karma. Saturn also returns this month, which also deals with these issues. I can achieve something great if I can focus and concentrate my efforts, even if it seems difficult (Oppression) at first.

No comments:

Post a Comment