Thursday, April 2, 2015

April Fool


Often, I think my motivation for learning about astrology, relationships or career, is so that I won't be a fool. I don't like feeling like I didn't get the memo. I see myself as extraordinarily bright and nothing humbles/crushes me like making a mistake I "shouldn't" make. So it is easy for all of it to become an exercise in mistake avoidance instead of the intentional embrace of growth and awareness. Lately, I have turned my focus more on the questions I'm asking instead of the answers.

Yesterday, I decided to read up on The Fool, the first card of the major arcana, without consciously connecting its association with April 1st. It had showed up in a few tarot readings I did regarding a coworker, in a positive position. All those readings have been very positive, yet, I was hesitant and wary based on my past experience. But what kind of questions had I asked in the past and what power did I ascribe to the cards? Tarot is definitely an exercise in intuition but it isn't the abandonment of logic or free will, unless one approaches it that way.

Let's begin anew today! Holism is the goal. 6 of swords (Science in the Thoth deck) also showed up numerous times in my romance queries. In context, it is the harmony of rational thought and emotion, neither in opposition to each other, as I so often feel. I relate it to the famous story of the Buddha, who ran to take the arrow out of the dying deer and relieve its suffering, while his 2 disciples debated life and death. Harmony or balance doesn't necessarily equate with neutrality or perfection, but acting in accordance with our highest purpose/self (which reveals itself more in our actions than our conception).

The Fool is alive with excitement, as I am looking at the possibilities for this month. March 30th, Uranus crossed my DC, which I have identified as a point when new relationships usually begin. That was the day my coworker decided to bring her feelings about our relationship out in the open. Fascinating. We have been talking everyday, having intense conversations. Today, we are going to get together for the first time outside of work.

Saturday, there is a lunar eclipse in Libra, which will be opposite my Mars. Eclipses are culminating energy...thresholds. Libra is also a sign of harmony and balance...see where this is going? This is a great time to look at things objectively, as it is easy to get caught in the flow of things. My job right now? Dissatisfaction can be great impetus for change, especially when you begin to weigh it against the reality of your potential. I have begun acting instead of merely carrying the burden begrudgingly.

Peace has become more of a focus, as I have found the energy of the city a bit overwhelming. At first, I was excited about the possibilities, which now I see more as distractions. The excitable, restless, and often destructive 5 energy of last year, has yielded to a desire for comfort, structure, and routine. I desire true partnership, in the romantic, platonic, and professional sense.

I've learned to be careful with desire, in terms of what that implies. "Gimme" mentality is shattering, as I realize we don't get want we want simply by being "good" people. The question is: what can I bring to the table? How can I balance the scales/reciprocate? If the time for harvest comes, but there have been no seeds planted and no soil worked, there is nothing to show. Also important, realistic expectations of desires fulfillment. A new relationship is just the beginning. A new job is just the beginning. Achievement has its moment, as it should, but the joy is also in the process.

April is my 1 month, so the energy of beginning anew is very present. I'm looking forward to beginning new journeys in career and relationship, now that I have made up my mind. I hope you're enjoying Spring wherever you are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment