Monday, March 23, 2015

Perfection

All the good and none of the bad. Impossible. I can't have the Scorpio sexual intensity without the jealousy. Maybe that's not the best way to phrase what I mean. I am talking about how we deal with our faults or weaknesses. As an optimist, it seems pessimistic to just accept them as something we can't change. Yet, there is wisdom in knowing yourself, as all of us have something unique to offer the world. I can't offer the world everything, so it makes a lot more sense to fully offer what I do have and not worry about what is someone else's gift to offer.

But what about self-improvement? To paraphrase a Japanese saying, "the try to straighten the horns and end up killing the cow." I've always struggled with discipline, especially when it comes to health/dietary habits and time management. I could chalk these up to being a Sagittarius, but that's a cop out. In contrast, I tend to see the big picture, as opposed to being focused on details, which is really something I can't change. You give me endless details, I tune out. Explain the philosophy behind something, and I'm all ears. So is it worth it to become a more detail-focused individual, knowing that my oversights cause problems sometimes?

I was at a party a few days ago, talking about polarity and how the iconic people, the ones who go down in history, are polarizing. This isn't about being an icon as much as it is about being truly happy, which I feel a middle-of-the-road approach can't provide for me. I can't please everyone, although, I'm not here to piss everyone off either. "To err is human," and I no longer want to carry around a litter box. Learning from mistakes is one thing, living to avoid them is another (just got de ja vu, I've probably said the same thing in a previous post).

From now on, my central focus with astrology (and life in general) will be how can I offer my gift fully?

No comments:

Post a Comment