Friday, December 13, 2013

Down the Worm Whole: Whole Sign Houses

Whoa. After listening to an @astrologycast podcast featuring Robert Hand, I decided to do a little research on whole sign houses. Whole sign houses are the oldest and original way that houses were delineated. Basically, one sign to one house. The Ascendant and Midheaven stay the same...but instead of being used as cusps for the 1st and 10th houses respectively, they are sensitive angles in the chart. I decided to try this with my own chart and my oh my was it an eye opener.

There were 5 shifts: Sun and Saturn moved to my 3rd, Jupiter to my 5th, Neptune to my 4th and Pluto to my 2nd. All of them make more sense then their original (Placidus) positions. I've always been plagued by financial issues, so the 2nd house with Sun, Venus, Saturn and Mercury seemed to make sense. However, in a way, I've made it make sense. It's like the MBTI tests, sometimes we pick the answers of how we want to be, not how we are. Accepting the Placidus house system as law, I've forced my perception to accept it. But now, the earth is no longer flat nor is it the center of the universe. Pluto in the 2nd makes more sense, as it explains my financial issues more accurately.

Intuitively, I've always felt like my Jupiter position was off as well. In the 5th, it makes much more sense. I am an artist, through and through. Neptune moving into the 4th, explains a lot more, especially my relationship with my father (and mother). Sun and Saturn into the 3rd also fits better, as communication is always something I've been very self-conscious about. My original positions weren't outrageously off the mark, and still hold some truth. It is just that with the whole sign house system, everything is much clearer. It is like outgrowing an old eye prescription...the adjustment in perception provides clarity.

I will continue to study astrology but now, I understand that it is more in self-interest. I'm not very interested in doing consultations. I'm also not very interested in authoring or teaching like I once aspired. It is more of an interest and hobby. Palmistry on the other hand, I may get back into..still, a hobby. On to the music and the films and such! This is by no means goodbye...I will continue to write. I am eager to share my personal experiences with transits with everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment